Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Media Example #2- Week of 1/23

Here is an article from Sophia.

And here is what she had to say about it:

"Since I went away to boarding school in high school I’ve read the Indy Star almost every day. Indiana may seem like an open space of nothing, but once a Hoosier always a Hoosier. The Super Bowl coming to Indianapolis is one of the biggest events that I can remember ever gracing our town, besides the Final Four tournament that has often occurred in Indianapolis. So when I heard that the 2012 Super Bowl was going to take place in the Lucas Oil Stadium I almost peed my pants and so did every other Colts fan, we had so much hope to be the first team to go to a Super Bowl until...this summer when Peyton Manning’s surgeries failed and nine other Colt’s starters were dropping like flies and it became clear that the Colts would not make it. That is when every Colts fan knew that the next best thing was to NOT see Tom Brady win his fourth Super Bowl ring on Peyton’s turf. This article perfectly describes every Indiana resident who is a lover of the Colts and I will be sending it to my old high school science teacher, a lover of the Patriots. "

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the way this article was written. I am by no means a sports fan...when people talk about sports or reading articles about it, I'm amazed at how they can a) keep an attention span for that long and b) understand the confusing jumble of plays and stats that seem to accompany every single sports article. However, this article was written differently and it was extremely refreshing to not feel like I would rather be stabbing my eyes out than reading what was in front of me. I really enjoyed the short, abrupt and blunt sentences. It added a comical and casual conversational tone to the article and made it really easy for a sports noob like me to read and enjoy.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete